You are entitled under the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 to undertake inspections of your property and you are placing your valuable investment at risk if you are not doing so.
We can help with that uncomfortable part of property investment and conduct the inspections on your behalf. You still remain the Landlord and in control of tenancy – you just don’t have to worry about inspections.
Why you should conduct inspections –
- You may invalidate an insurance claim if you have not regularly inspected the property. Most insurance companies require 3 monthly inspections be conducted and a written record to be kept.
- Regular inspections encourage your tenant to keep the place clean and tidy.
- Enable you to identify and take action on poor tenant behaviour affecting the property.
- Enable you to detect small maintenance issues before they become big maintenance issues thereby saving you money.
- Legal requirements are met around notice periods for inspections and issuing of 14 day notices if required.
- Reduce the risk of Methamphetamine contamination.
We can help by –
- Removing the uncomfortableness for you in completing an inspection.
- Providing a written record for your information and in the event of an insurance claim.
- Saving you time.
- Giving you peace of mind that your investment is being monitored.
- Knowing what to look for in terms of basic maintenance issues, tenant behaviour around methamphetamine use and general behaviour that can be detrimental to a property.
- Assisting with the issue of a 14 day notice if required.
- Conducting re-inspections, if required, to check if a problem identified during a routine inspection has been rectified by the tenant.
- Assisting with case preparation for the Tenancy Tribunal if required.
If you would like to know more and take some of the stress out of your investment then contact
Godfrey Watson by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 9280413.